Iran Human Rights, January 15: According to the reports from Iran 12 prisoners were executed in the city of Shiraz (southern Iran) today January 15th.
Iran Human Rights (IHR) had earlier this week warned about the scheduled execution of nine prisoners in Shiraz.
According to the state run Iranian news agency Fars, five prisoners were hanged publicly in three different parts of Shiraz, while seven prisoners were were hanged in the Adelabad prison of Shiraz.
The five prisoners who were hanged in public were identified as:
1. Rahmat Heydari, convicted of kidnapping, murder and armed robbery.
2. Esmaeil Hamidi Mahmood Abadi, convicted of armed robbery
3. Ali Hadavinia, convicted of armed robbery
4. Mohammad Nabi Tavakoli, convicted of kidnapping and rape
5. Ramin Darakhshan, convicted of rape and kidnapping
Age of none of the prisoners was mentioned in the report.
According to this report seven other prisoners were hanged in the Adelabad prison of Shiraz this morning. All these prisoners were convicted of drug-related offences and none of them were identified by name.
Along with todays’s executions at least 54 people have been executed in Iran in the first two weeks of January 2012.