Iran Human Rights (IHR) is looking for a competent Program Coordinator to undertake a variety of administrative and program management tasks. You will help in planning and organizing programs and activities as well as carry out important operational duties. You must be committed to the IHR’s ideals including the commitment to the fundamental human rights. Program Coordinator Responsibilities include planning and coordination of IHR’s program and its activities, ensuring implementation of projects, maintaining the budget and tracking expenditures/transactions, writing reports and proposals for fundraising, contributing to IHR’s social media activities, interacting with partner organizations and participating in IHR’s strategy development.
The position can start in June 2019 until the end of December 2019. There will be a possibility of extension. The position will be located in Oslo, Norway. The position is full-time (100%) but part-time engagements are also possible. Salary will be in the range of 34000 – 36500 Norwegian Kroner per month prior to taxes (Gross wage).
Please send a cover letter and your CV to: [email protected]
For more information write to: [email protected]
• Support planning and coordination of IHR’s projects and its activities
• Ensure the implementation of project activities
• Keep updated records and write proposals and reports
• Contribute to and help expand IHR’s social media activities
• Maintain budget and track expenditures/transactions
• Help build positive relations within the team and external parties including other human rights communities
• Schedule and organize meetings/events and maintain agenda
• Contribute to the organization’s strategy development
• Proven experience as a program coordinator or relevant position in human rights NGOs or similar organizations
• Knowledge of budgeting, bookkeeping, and reporting
• Ability to work independently and keeping tight deadlines
• Knowledge of working with social media
• Ability to work with the external partners and teams within IHR
• Excellent time-management and organizational skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
• Preferably excellent verbal and written communication skills in Farsi
• Being committed to the IHR ideals and fundamental human rights principle
About Iran Human Rights:
Iran Human Rights (IHR) is a non-profit NGO with its base in Oslo, Norway. IHR has active and supporting members in Iran, and several other regions including the EU and Australia. IHR is committed to promoting human rights in Iran, through reporting, monitoring, and advocacy. Reporting about the death penalty in Iran has been the main focus of IHR in the past 10 years. Because of its sources inside Iran, IHR is able to produce accurate reports about the death penalty in Iran. IHR’s aim has been to create an abolitionist movement in Iran by increasing awareness about the death penalty. Other areas of IHR’s focus include the situation of the human rights defenders and the rule of law in Iran. IHR is a member of the Steering Committee of the World Coalition against the Death Penalty and member of Impact Iran.